Twinings, 100% Pure Black Tea, Darjeeling, 20 Individual Tea Bags, 1.41 oz (40 g)
- By Appointment to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- Tea and Coffee Merchant R. Twinning and Company Limited, London
- TWININGS® of London
- Estd. 1706
- Individual Tea Bags Sealed for Freshness
- Over 300 Years of Experience
Experience the Magic of One of the World’s Most Celebrated Teas.
- Strength – ♦♦
- Notes- Light, Thin-bodied, Woody
- Origins – Darjeeling, India, in the foothills of the Himalayas
- Color- Translucent, Brownish-Yellow
- Steep Time – 3 Minutes (Recommended)
There are few places on earth as enchanting as Darjeeling, a small, but vibrant town in the Indian state of West Bengal. Located in the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains, the high elevation gardens and sloped terrain of this region produce distinctive teas that are harvested in three growing seasons called “flushes”
First Flush teas are harvested in March following the spring rains and have a fresh, lively taste. Second Flush teas are harvested in June and have a mellow, muscatel flavor. Autumn Flush teas are rich and smooth, but bolder in flavor. Our Darjeeling combines teas from the 1st and 2nd Flushes to yield a sophisticated tea with a woody aroma and slightly dry, delicate taste.
Mike Wright – Master Blender