Twinings, Ceylon Orange Pekoe Tea, 20 Tea Bags, 1.41 oz (40 g)
- By Appointment to her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Tea and Coffee Merchants R. Twinning and Company Limited, London
- Estd. 1706
- 100% Pure Black Tea
- Discover the Smooth, Refreshing Taste of This Well-Rounded Tea
- Individual Tea Bags Sealed for Freshness
- Origin – Dimbula District in Sri Lanka
- Over 300 Years of Experience
The Twinings of London story
In 1706, Thomas Twining began selling fine tea from an English storefront in The Strand, London. Today, Twinings continues to sell some of the world’s best teas from the original store and in more than 100 countries throughout the world.
Master Blender’s Notes
- Notes – Bright, Crisp, Refreshing
- Colour – Bright, Brownish-Red
- Steep Time – 3 minutes (recommended)
Despite its name, this tea does not contain orange flavor. “Orange Pekoe” is a term used to grade the size and quality of dried black tea leaves. “Ceylon” is the previous name of the country from where it is grown, now Sri Lanka, a small island in the Indian Ocean. Sri Lanka tea is unique because the country’s hot, sunny climate is perfectly balanced with the right amount of rain to yield teas with a wide range of flavour and colour.
Our blend is created by carefully selecting the finest teas from the high-altitude district of Dimbula, which give this tea its bright, golden colour and crisp, refreshing taste. -Andre Whittingham, Master Blender